tnntoddy on 12/03/2012
On Saturday, December 1, 2012, my mother and I had checked into the Comfort Suites Knoxville at 811 N. Campbell Station Road, Knoxville, TN 37932 (phone 865-675-7585). We were in room #206. We checked in, dropped our bags, and left for several hours. At around 11:30 p.m. eastern time, we were settling into bed. I commented that I saw a bug on my mother’s sheets. It was small. She squished it with her finger and it left a large drop of bright red blood. A few seconds later, I saw another
see full report...
show snippet only
bug in the bed. She also killed it. Same result. I suspected it was bed bugs, so I quickly looked it up on the internet. All the pieces fit to confirm my suspicions. When we saw the third bug in her bed a minute later, she captured it in a plastic cup and I called the front desk to report that we had bed bugs in our room.
The front desk clerk (Don) came to our room, examined the spots where the dead ones were squished, but wanted to know if we had any live ones. He seemed almost incredulous. So we showed him the live one, which he examined with a flashlight and asked us if we’d like to change rooms or check out. We checked out and drove 2 ½ hours in the middle of the night to begin the process mitigating any potential problems—extremely hot showers, cooking our clothes in the dryer (I had discarded the clothes I wore to bed before I left the room in Knoxville), and throwing away my suitcase completely. It was a long, awful night.