My daughter and I stayed at this hotel from July 5, 2014 to July 8, 2014. We had 2 rooms during our stay, side by side as we were there for a basketball tournament and had some players with us. On Monday, July 7th in the early afternoon, while at a restaurant just down the street from the hotel, my daughter while scratching her arm noticed red welts that were very swollen & itchy and also on her hand & wrist...at least 20+ welts/bites along with some other welts/bites on her body. We passed i
t off as Mosquito bites or an allergic reaction to something and carried on our day!! Late that night as we were getting ready to go to bed, I pulled the sheets back & noticed a brown spec on the sheets, upon closer examination it started moving and I realized it was a bug of some type. Initially I was going to grab it with a tissue and flush it but couldn't find a tissue so I grabbed it in the clear ice bag and tied it...this is when I realized that it looked similar to a tick. We called the front desk and the manager on duty along with 2 engineers came to our room. They examined it and advised us "we need to get them out of here", it was a bed bug & they moved us to another room on a different floor and credited that room on our stay. My daughter showed them the welts/bites on her and explained that she had slept in that room too but was sleeping that night in the other room and asked if they could they check it out...since at this point we were a little freaked out & shocked that a hotel as nice as this one had bed bugs. Anyway, they relocated me, checked out our other room and advised my daughter it was ok. The next day (Tuesday) we checked out. On the 3 hour drive home I began to develop red welts/bites on my face, neck, chin and ear. By the time we got home both of us had numerous other bites throughout our body. Upon our arrival home my husband would not allow us to bring anything into our house and we had to strip down in the garage, we discarded everything! I lost thousands of dollars in personal belongings, luggage, clothes, cosmetics, shoes, etc. Each day the itching, swelling & redness seemed to be getting worse so 3 days later (Friday), we decided that it was time to go to the Doc. It was confirmed that both of us had been bitten by bed bugs and we were put on prednisone. It's been over 2 weeks since this happened and they are still not all cleared up; some of them are gone, some are scabbed and some have left scars on both of us. I hope that the person who reported the incident below mine could see this since we both were there around the same time. I'm curious what floor/room you were on/in. It appears there may be a problem at this hotel. Like the person below me, I will never stay there again. I am left with financial losses, expenses and scars!! The hotel was only willing to compensate me enough to basically cover our doctor visit & prescriptions, this was an insult to my intelligence. I advise anyone staying in any hotel to research this topic, know how to look for bed bugs or signs of bed bugs before you lay down to go to sleep, these creatures are very smart and sometimes your symptoms may not be visible for several days!! I will never stay in a hotel room again without spraying it down & thoroughly checking it...to say the least, in addition to ruining the end of our trip, this has been a nightmare!!