LB on 02/24/2013
We stayed overnight at the Springhill Suites (Marriott), room 316 on Wednesday Feb 20th 2013 Savannah, Georgia. On Thursday noon, I started to find itchy spots on my left hand, that progressed to my arms etc. Upon checking later on, I was covered in excruitiating itchy bites. Over 500 bites. My husband has several bites also but does not react the same way. I will have permanent scarring to my hands, and my body for sure. Worse, we do not want to travel anymore using any hotels. We cons
ider ourselves as cautious and seasonned travellers, and well aware of problems that hotels can have, so we check all the bedding, and strip beds litterally. There was one odd stain on the mattress, but we dismissed it. At around 2 am, I saw a reddish-brown speck on the pillow area and as my husband was already sleeping after a long drive (returning to Canada), I did not want to disturb him.
During the night at around 12 am, my husband went to our car to get something from our parked car. At that time, through the window, there was a slow moving van, followed by a white car driving around the overnight parked cars. Also, police cars were circulating through the parking lot randomly throughout. This hotel and this area seems to be plagued with multiple problems. We will not stay anywhere near this hotel, and warn others to be careful.
May I add, we are Marriott Platinum Members, and by this loyalty, we only use Marriott properties. Our entire vacations since January 16th was with stays at Marriott properties, even for our month long stay in Florida. All uneventful. Many may say, the bugs are carried by the guests, ... this is true. But if Marriott properties want to keep their guests coming, they should establish better prevention methods and control. It seems odd and ridiculous that hotels that are in the business to provide sleeping quarters for their guests only want our money, and not our trust. Clean up your act hoteliers... people are getting the message that they are not important enough to deserve a clean, bug free room, and safety when they pay for it with their hard earned cash. Shame on you guys!