Anonymous on 09/07/2015
Event happened this Labor Day weekend, on Sat 9/5/15. I've been coming here with my parents for years as a family tradition and never have had a problem before. This time my husband and I stayed in a room on ground floor and didn't notice anything until bedtime. Got in bed and the bugs literally started crawling all over us! We jumped in the shower and afterward proceeded to bag up all of our possessions in garbage bags and left in the middle of the night. My parents were staying in another room
on another floor and they have no bugs, but they alerted the manager for us the next morning. She inspected our room and saw them first hand. She said they'd never had a problem before. We found a couple adult bugs in our clothes in the garbage bags upon inspection the next day (thankfully we kept the bags outside of our home). We took all garments to laundry and will be taking delicates to dry cleaners after the holiday. We've thrown away travel bags and other items we can't laundry. We still need to put all shoes in dryer today. I hate to report this as this family hotel has been very near and dear to our hearts and the owners are very nice and keep the place clean. The owner was going to be calling a specialist immediately. They gave prompt attention. Sadly, this has been a nightmare for my husband and I and we will not be returning.